As what I have mentioned from my previous post, try new things. Try to RUN! Running is one of the easiest ways to get into a healthy and active lifestyle.
When I was kid, I just love to play video games, computer games like, y8. Freebo. And I even start blogging at a young age so I’m totally exposed in a techy world. Before, I do not engage myself in sports. As I grow up, I realized that I feel so weak. I can’t even try to reach the floor without putting myself down. Felt like my bones need some stretch and I easily get tired.
So I decided to start running. I started to join fun run in 2014. As a beginner, I started muna to run 3K then palayo nang palayo.
Maybe a lot of you guys would probably ask why I keep on joining fun run. So I’ll let you guys know.
Here are some of my reasons:
- It was totally fun! Great for bonding. Invite your family and friends 🙂
- It is for a good cause. The positive aspect of fun runs is that they are usually organized for certain causes. Those proceeds (or a part of it) are donated to help charities or calamity victims.
- It allows you to meet new people.
- Freebies. Upon paying the registration fee, you’ll be having dri-fit shirt, string bag, sunblock (for morning run), medal and more.
- Fitness. Let’s lose our weight! And good for the health. Ika nga nila “Health is wealth” Hahaha.
Pak na pak yung pose para sa ekonomiya! Hindi para sa fitness. Hahaha!
I’ll also share some tips for the run. Here:
- Always keep yourself hydrated. Drinking eight glasses of water is not enough when you start running. Try to intake more water before, during and after the run.
- Relax before the race. Before the event, always keep your muscles relaxed and you’ll be needing a lot of energy.
- Don’t overeat. Avoid eating too much before the run. After na lang! Go to Starbucks. Hahaha jk.
- Warm up and Cool down. Do some aerobic exercise to warm up your muscles. To cool down after the race, try walking around a bit.