I’ve been using my Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 for a year already. I never encounter any problems while using it until New Years Eve came. All of a sudden, I wasn’t able to capture my New Years Eve with my family using my Instax. Came to a point that I keep on telling myself of never getting another camera from Fujifilm. But, I do love Fujifilm! Their cameras were all excellent. I won’t stop myself of buying another camera from them.
Fast Forward, here’s the drama. I was about to take a picture with the wine glass and my film didn’t comes out. I was trying to click it again, even the number of the film doesn’t count down. The red light on my viewfinder stays on. And the orange light (lamp light for the lenses) opened up including hi-key, indoor, cloudy effect, everything lighted up and then for a couple of minutes they all shut down. So what I decided is to contact Fujifilm on Facebook and E-mail. Since, it was January 1 and their office will operate pa by January 3. I’ve waited for their response and luckily, they helped me to resolve it by just changing my batteries. Drama Ended.
So I decided to share some tips of using Fujifilm Instax:
- Use rechargeable batteries instead of alkaline batteries. Girl from Fujifilm PH told me that it is preferred to use the rechargeable batteries on Instax. You don’t need to throw after your done with it. Not only it would lessen garbage but it would also help us to save up money. (Ayan! More of Environmental and Financial Aspect yan. Hahaha)
- If you’re using Alkaline batteries, just remove it while the camera is not in use.
- Always check the camera batteries. Camera’s batteries might be drained. Make sure that there are 2xAA batteries that are fully charged and in the correct orientation within the battery compartment.
- Use the lens release switch to extend the lens. The lens unit might be stuck so make sure there is an opening through the lens when viewed from behind.
- Once the film is removed, release the shutter to determine if the roller is functioning properly.
- Keep the processing rollers in the camera and film holder clean. inspect and clean rollers regularly.
For Capturing Beautiful Instax Photos:
- Use Natural Light. Actually it depends on the time of day you shoot, natural light can help you create a wonderful image. Taking your instax outdoors will help you compose beautiful photos.
- Angle. Taking a picture from a different angle than usual gives your picture a cool effect.
- Use Neutral Backgrounds. Try plain white wall it is usually the preferred spot for a portrait shoot.
If you encounter any problems with your Instax or any cameras of Fujifilm. Get in contact with them for repair. Call the Service Center at 570-2695 local 415 or 0920-9744138. Or email them at email@example.com or Send your camera to their Service Center at: FUJIFILM Philippines Inc. 30th Floor, Joy-Nostalg Center, Pasig City 1600, Philippines. For those people who lives outside the Philippines, visit FUJIFILM Global for more information.